top of page
og1.png

da09

Tennis

Brinkburn Road, Tennis Court

54.536956, -1.558894

Darlington

Opened:

20th c

Closed:

1940s

Redeveloped

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

29 Sept 2022

HER Description

NEHL - A tennis court stood at Brinkburn Road, between the bowling green and the working mens club, from circa 1900s until the 1940s. It may have been used or owned by the social club or Mission Hall as it was previously was. It was demolished in the 1940s, though is visible on an RAF aerial shot from 1940.

Ordnance Survey

Ordnance Survey, 1947

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Brinkburn Road Tennis Court is visible in the centre of the shot close to the railway. Source: Historic England Photograph: RAF_4E_M3_V_1753 flown 11/11/1940

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page