top of page
og1.png

16955

Cricket, Squash

Sunderland Road, Cricket Ground

54.942865, -1.419063

East Boldon, South Tyneside

Opened:

1904

Closed:

Open

Condition:

Home Teams/Clubs:

Last Updated:

21 Jun 2022

Boldon Cricket Club

HER Description

Formed in 1875. In 1904 the club moved to Sunderland Road as tenants of the Church Commissioners. The present pavilion was designed by two club members, Jim Hall and Ken Murta, architects with W & TR Milburn of Sunderland. It cost £9,000 and opened in May 1966. The pavilion has open balconies, an external staircase and a scorebox at roof level. In the block to the left there are two squash courts, built in 1974 at a cost of £14,000. Two extra courts were added later to cope with demand.

Ordnance Survey

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

logosite.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page