Harton Moor Golf Course
Harton, South Tyneside
28 Jun 2022
Slight earthwork enclosures, probably the greens of a mid twentieth century golf course, were seen on air photographs. The golf course is shown on Ordnance Survey maps of 1942 and 1951, with a club house immediately south of St. Cuthbert's Church. A line of three sub-rectangular enclosures were also seen on the air photographs. The golf course is later shown as "playing field".
Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us
Historic Environment Records
Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past
Tyne and Wear: Sitelines
HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors.
Historic Maps provided by