top of page
full size.png

N28429

Hartford Colliery

East Hartford, Cramlington

55.108382,-1.579475

Scott & Daisy Pits

Opened:

Closed:

Entry Created:

3 Sept 2021

Last Updated:

3 Sept 2021

Reclaimed

Condition:

Owners: 

Joseph Lamb & Partners (1880s), Cramlington Coal Co. Ltd. (1890s - 1929), Hartley Main Collieries Ltd. (1929 - 1947), National Coal Board (1947 -)

Description (or HER record listing)

Elements of the Hartford Colliery are visible as earthworks and structures on historical air photos. These include colliery buildings a worker's village in terrace housing and spoilheaps. This area has now been relandscape and redeveloped.

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png
bottom of page