full size.png

3040

Chartershaugh Colliery

Washington

54.875800,-1.521963

Chaytor's Haugh

Stable End Pit

Opened:

Closed:

Reclaimed

Condition:

Last Updated:

7 Sept 2021

Owners: 

Edward Smith (1730s), W. Peareth, Esp. (1780s)

HER Info (unless otherwise noted)

Stable End Pit (Coal). Chartershaugh Colliery opened before 1756.

Ordnance Survey, 1898

Ordnance Survey, 1898

'Sketches of The Coal Mines in Northumberland and Durham' T.H.Hair, published in 1844

Have we missed something, made a mistake, or have something to add? Contact us

Historic Environment Records

Durham/Northumberland: Keys to the Past

Tyne and Wear: Sitelines

HER information as described above is reproduced under the basis the resource is free of charge for education use. It is not altered unless there are grammatical errors. 

icon0821.png

Historic Maps provided by

nls-logo.png

Version 1.0